Communications and Development Manager
Full post & application instructions here: https://staff-emory.icims.com/jobs/68596/communications-and-development-manager-%7c-ips/job
The Communications and Development Manager builds and protects The Task Force for Global Health brand through content creation, targeted outreach to key audiences, and use of analytics to inform strategic communications and fundraising efforts. Part of a small but savvy department, the communications and development manager will lead on key functions while also contributing “all around” on a team that prioritizes collaboration and learning new skills.
Key responsibilities include:
* Content creation: Interview staff and partners to create journalistic-style stories for the newsletter, donor mailings, website, social media, press releases, video scripts, annual report, etc. Stories must be well-researched and well-written, reflecting knowledge of news conventions, AP style guidelines, and core copy editing principles.
* Media engagement: Identify newsworthy Task Force activities and key journalists, pitch stories, cultivate and manage media relationships, train spokespeople, track media coverage, conduct analytics, and represent The Task Force to increase media coverage.
* Donor relations: Help develop a comprehensive donor engagement program.
Contribute in multiple ways: research donors, maintain donor information in Salesforce, contact donors, create materials to engage donors, inform donor cultivation plans, research best practices, and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to build a system and culture of donor engagement.
* Social media: Develop compelling content and inform social media strategy, contributing to best practices to grow social media presence and evolve approaches to stay current
* Marketing operations and analytics: Analyze data, including Task Force channels and market research, to inform and implement communications and development strategy.
* Project management: Track and deliver on deadline, prioritize time-sensitive projects, build strong internal and external relationships to create compelling content that engages audiences, and contribute to team project management tools and processes