GPB News is searching for a seasoned broadcast journalist to contribute to our new primetime news and public affairs television program On The Story, our statewide public radio network and our digital platforms. This reporter will be based at GPB’s Savannah, Ga. bureau covering Georgia’s coastal region for statewide and local audiences.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Reporting/producing, recording/shooting, writing, editing and voicing/hosting for live and recorded radio and television news program and digital platform.
- Enterprising and pitching creative and unique daily radio, television, and digital news stories to editorial team
- Writing and posting stories on station website and engaging with your audience on social media.
- Producing high-quality long & short form radio, television, and web news stories.
- Applying journalism ethics, style and editorial standards to all work.
- May operate audio console and substitute as radio host.
- Experienced audio, visual and digital storyteller with exceptional on-air experience.
- At least 2 years of experience and a solid track record as a radio and/or video journalist; national and/or large-market experience preferred.
- Video live shot field reporting (Experience with new transmission systems including 4G LTE a plus).
- Proficiency using audio recording field and studio equipment and digital video and still cameras.
- Proficiency in Adobe Audition and Adobe Premiere and knowledge of audio and video compression techniques.
- Proficiency in web-based skills including HTML editing, information and meta data tagging, posting content to third party services including Brightcove, YouTube and Storify.
- Understanding of public media journalism and the role and proper use of social media to engage audience.
- Energetic and curious self-starter; excellent time-management skills and adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills; Maintains updated network of contacts/sources.
- A reliable vehicle and a current operator’s license; requires some travel.
Qualified candidates must upload resume, cover letter, references, audio/video/photo portfolio web link and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadlines To Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.