Enter yourself or nominate a Colleague for the 2015 Awards of Excellence
The Atlanta Press Club is accepting nominations and entries for the
2015 Awards of Excellence
The Atlanta Press Club Awards of Excellence recognize individual journalists for quality work that makes an impact
All journalists who either work for Atlanta news outlets or who are based in Atlanta are eligible to enter for an Award of Excellence and anyone is eligible to nominate a journalist for an Award of Excellence.
Nomination Deadline: February 10
The 2015 Awards of Excellence will be judged by members of the National Press Club based on the following criteria:
- Quality of Content
- Did it make an impact?
- Demonstrated Reportorial Skill
Members of the Atlanta Press Club board of directors are not eligible to win.
To enter or to nominate someone: Pay the entry fee (APC Members – $20/Non-members $40). Complete and return the nomination form and the work to be judged.
After receiving the entry form or nomination letter and entry fee, a representative from the Atlanta Press Club will contact the nominated journalist to request clips of the stories or photographs that led to the nomination.
2015 Awards of Excellence Categories:
- Print/Online, Daily – News or feature articles appearing in a daily publication
- Print/Online, Non-Daily – News or feature articles appearing in regularly produced weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, or one-off newspapers or magazines
- TV Reporting – News or feature story appearing in a local or national newscast or program. Story should run no longer than 20 minutes.
- Videography – videography to support a News or feature story. Story should run no longer than 20 minutes.
- Radio Reporting – News or feature story appearing on local or national radio. Story should run no longer than 15 minutes
- Documentary/Series – A long-form look at a single issue in visual or audio format. Entry should run 15 minutes or longer.
- Use of Sound – Quality sound use to support a news or feature broadcast, online or radio story
- Single Image Photo – News or feature photograph that supports or tells a story.
- Photo Gallery – Photo story or collection of photographs that supports or tells a story.
- Investigative Reporting – An investigative broadcast, print, online or radio story or series that had demonstrable impact.
- The Rising Star Award – Outstanding talent from any medium, from a journalist under 30 years of age
- Reporting on Civil and Human Rights ~ Awarded in partnership with the National Center for Civil and Human Rights – Original reporting on a civil or human rights issue from any medium including print, broadcast, radio or online. Entries do not need to be Atlanta-based. This category will be judged by National Center for Civil and Human Rights partners who have a broad knowledge and keen understanding of human rights issues.
- The Atlanta Press Club Impact Award -The winner of the APC Impact Award is a Georgian (not necessarily a journalist) who had a significant impact on the journalism profession in the previous calendar year and has furthered the mission of the APC, which is focused on fostering journalistic excellence and advancing the public’s understanding of a free press. This entry must include a letter that demonstrates proof of impact/results.