We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Writer will be responsible for crafting various types of news stories, including voiceovers, package tosses, opens and teases. The candidate should be able to produce high-volume, high-quality copy under deadline pressure.
The candidate must have a proven ability to function successfully in the control room and newsroom environments. In addition to writing, this person must be able to work with remotely based producers and communicate effectively with Media Operations, handle graphics requests and work with Supervisors on elements for live shots.
**Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.**
- Must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated published or broadcast writing experience with at least one year as a full-time writer in a newsroom environment.
- Thorough understanding of global news and proven experience in handling international stories.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- A working knowledge of political news is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool preferred.
- Working knowledge of CNN systems including Image & Sound, MediaSource, assignment desks, control rooms and graphics is preferred
- Must be eager, cooperative, energetic and team-oriented.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Applicants can submit online: https://www.turnerjobs.com/job/atlanta/writer-cnn-international-multiple-openings/1174/12101580