SENIOR EDITOR, CRIME AND PUBLIC SAFETY
Senior Editor/Public Safety manages a team of journalists focused on public safety, whose primary job is to produce breaking news, cover big trials and watchdog law enforcement and court agencies.
The successful candidate for this role will be adept at managing breaking news, identifying public safety trends ripe for enterprise, leading watchdog coverage and guiding the team in reporting with depth and empathy how crime impacts communities.
On a daily basis, this editor will be at the forefront of breaking news. This editor will also lead the team in producing the kind of enterprise worthy of page 1 and Sunday publication in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The consistent production of smart, exclusive enterprise demonstrates our value to AJC subscribers.
A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving newsroom that embraces change and experimentation.
Education: College degree preferred.
– Proven record of serving audiences in a fast-paced, productive environment that is shaped by research, audience metrics and audience needs in print and in digital
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– Keen organizational skills
– Experience in analyzing and interpreting audience metrics.
– Excellent communication skills with a collaborative attitude.
– Experience with Google Analytics and social media analytics tools preferred