Producer – All Things Considered
We’re looking for a producer for GPB Atlanta 88.5’s signature afternoon drive time news magazine program. The producer writes clear, concise copy for the host, is a proven multitasker and capable of maintaining high journalistic standards under pressure.
The producer reports and produces news stories, books guests, edits audio in Adobe Audition and may occasionally be asked to fill in for the anchor. Competitive candidates will have at least two years’ professional journalism experience and familiarity with public media. This job requires a highly reliable perfectionist who understands the challenges of daily news – and thrives in that environment. Knowledge of Atlanta life and issues preferred. This is an opportunity for a dedicated producer to hone their skills as part of an exceptional, collaborative and positive news team in a large market. Application review begins August 6.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two years’ professional journalism experience required; public radio experience ideal.
• Demonstrated skill in reporting, audio editing, broadcast and online writing, and social media.
• Must possess confident, personable delivery that fits seamlessly into NPR’s news magazines.
• Ability to work collaboratively, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work varying shifts, to include seven days per week, weekends and holidays.
Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
Upload resume, cover letter and contact information for three references as one document, and fill out the applicant form on the GPBs Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DATE POSTED: July 31, 2018 RECRUITMENT NUMBER: C-16-18