PR Content Specialist
We seek an experienced, self-motivated PR/Content Specialist to join our team of professionals working to promote Kennesaw State University and its colleges and departments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop written and video content including but not limited to press releases, media advisory, feature stories, social media, marketing copy, talking points and other forms of communication to help promote the university;
- Proactively identify and develop story ideas (student and faculty successes, college/university initiatives, research, etc.) by building relationships with colleagues from the various academic and administrative units;
- Provide strategic public relations counsel and serve as liaison between colleges and central communications office; Assist in the development and enhancement of the annual communications strategic plan; and
- Assist with proofing and editing duties.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or a closely related field in addition to 4 years experience in a Journalism or Public Relations background.
- Strong knowledge of Associated Press Style Ability to work independently, make decisions and multi-task to balance multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated experience writing concisely, effectively and persuasively in a variety of styles for specific audiences.
- Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent computer skills and ability to utilize a variety of programs, including Microsoft Office suite and the current version of the Macintosh computer operating system.