SREB seeks an experienced News Manager to proactively raise the visibility of the organization’s work in traditional, digital and partner media outlets.
What does the SREB News Manager do?
- Serve as a liaison between SREB and media outlets, developing and maintaining relationships with reporters, writers, editors, producers and partner organizations
- Release new SREB reports, promote SREB programs and connect local media to SREB work in their areas
- Proactively offer SREB resources for breaking or trending education topics. Position SREB experts as media sources. Coach experts for media interactions
- Identify, write and place op-eds and blog posts on SREB-priority and trending topics
- Participate as key team member in campaigns via media, digital, video, audio, social media and in-person events
- Develop SREB capacity to produce video and audio
- Stay abreast of priority SREB efforts and related national, regional, local and social news
What does it take to be SREB News Manager?
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field AND five years of professional experience in journalism or communications; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven or more years professional experience in news writing or production, communications or medial relations preferred
- Experience with education news at media outlets, non-profits, colleges, or education agencies preferred
For this opportunity, we seek candidates with:
- Demonstrated ability to forge and manage professional news relationships
- Ability to write and edit fluently and accurately
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- A strategic approach to communication, from planning through evaluation and improvement
- An enthusiasm for continuous learning and improvement
- A creative problem solver with a positive demeanor
Occasional overnight travel is required.
Our commitment to SREB team members includes these benefits:
Flexible spending and health saving account options
Generous time off and holidays
Outstanding retirement plan
This is a full-time position in SREB’s Atlanta offices.
Apply through SREB HR: https://www.vs4.vscyberhosting.com/sreb/