The University of Georgia Division of Marketing & Communications is seeking a Multimedia Specialist to develop engaging digital content in the form of brand and promotional videos, motion graphics, and other multimedia applications that are consistent with the University of Georgia brand support and Strategic Marketing initiatives. This position is responsible for creating multimedia visual storytelling projects using conceptual design, graphic design, computer graphics, audio design, video recording and editing, interactive media, and interface design to produce compelling and engaging projects.
The Multimedia Specialist will work on projects for the UGA Marketing and Communications’ priorities from conception to completion; including pre-production, production, post-production and archiving. This person must have proven experience with videography, video editing, sound editing, and motion graphics. This person will work as a member of the creative services team to produce high-quality assets that best represent The University of Georgia and meet high visual standards.
The Multimedia Specialist will combine photography and videography along with text, computer graphics and conventional art to produce and deliver compelling visual assets that include video, animation, infographics, and visual designs using photography. The Multimedia Specialist needs to apply graphic design principles, theories, and practices to all multimedia assets produced and remain current and up-to-date on emerging technologies and delivery platforms and methods.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (Equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may substitute for degree.)
- Minimum of 3 years experience working on animation, motion graphics, and video production.
- Strong knowledge of web-based video production and short-form storytelling.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and work under tight deadlines.
- Proficient with Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and professional video editing software (Avid, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects, and Final Cut Pro).
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- Online portfolio of video work is required.