Metro Government Journalist
SaportaReport, a news website founded in February 2009, is a trusted voice in metro Atlanta. Through the years we have become an authoritative civic website in metro Atlanta – reporting on business, politics, environment and community issues. We have become a trusted source of news for the region.
Areas of focus to include:
- Local metro governments – focusing on the five major counties in the region plus the City of Atlanta (DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Cobb and Clayton)
- Monitor activities and report on important events. Build relationships with local government officials
- Follow Atlanta City Council meetings and report on them as appropriate
- The Atlanta Regional Commission – monitor its board meetings and various committees
- Quasi-governmental authorities including but not limited to:
- Invest Atlanta
- Fort McPherson Implementation Local Redevelopment Authority (MILRA)
- Atlanta-Fulton County Recreation Authority
- Fulton County Development Authority
- DeKalb Development Authority
- Atlanta BeltLine
- City of Atlanta 2021 elections: Mayor of Atlanta, Atlanta City Council President, other important council races across the Metro area
- Help monitor MARTA, the ATL and GRTA
- Begin reporting on 2022 statewide races, including Governor, Lt. Governor, Secretary of State, Attorney General and other interesting races
Anticipated hours – 30 hours a week to be paid $3,000 a month on a contract, retainer basis.
Expected output – four to five articles a week, including one more thoughtful column (can be analysis or commentary) that would be written by Monday afternoon to go out in Tuesday e-newsletter.
Send resume to Maria Saporta at firstname.lastname@example.org