Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta (BGCMA) is seeking a marketing/communications intern to start immediately. This position is based at the BGCMA corporate office in Midtown Atlanta.
Internship Summary: Under the general direction of the Marketing & Communications Director, the intern will support all marketing and communications efforts of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta. Minimum 20-25 hours per week for 3-month timeframe. Small stipend offered. Business casual attire is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing preferred (or pursuing degree in related field); Must be a junior, senior, or graduate student with a serious interest in learning about marketing and communications.
- Proficient use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail and deadline oriented and comfortable performing multi-faceted projects
- Computer literate; web publishing experience a plus
- Professional manner in dealing with media, volunteers, corporate sponsors and vendors
- Knowledge of design and editing programs (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing & Communications:
- Assist in executing the organization’s overall marketing efforts.
- Assist in managing, monitoring and updating BGCMA social media platforms.
- Draft content for printed and e-mail communications, including quarterly newsletter, monthly e-newsletters, event emails and special announcements.
- Conduct interviews with kids and staff to build profiles for marketing use.
- Support with updates to the BGCMA website.
- Assist with development of other marketing collateral materials.
- Assist in fulfilling department and organizational marketing requests.
- Assist in overall media relations for BGCMA, including writing press releases, media advisories and pitches to media.
- Oversee media tracking and reporting; evaluate messages in placements.
- Update media clip book with key placements.
- Assist with graphics and print media operations (i.e., programs, brochures, sponsorship packets).
- Administrative duties to include filing, light typing, mailings, assembly of donor/sponsor kits
Send resume, 1 professional reference, and 2 work samples (1 must be a writing sample) to Adrienne Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to LIKE US on Facebook to stay up-to-date on what’s happening at BGCMA! https://www.facebook.com/bgcma/