JR08476 – Commercial Collections Specialist
Meredith Corporation has an opening for a Client Portfolio Manager. This role is responsible for initiating collections calls and or correspondence on assigned accounts in a fast paced goal oriented collections department. The incumbent provides customer service regarding collection issues, provides invoices copies and assists in the resolution of discrepancies. The Client Portfolio Manager is responsible for reducing/maintaining an acceptable DSO as prescribed by the Meredith Local Media Group. The coordinator will enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to assist in the collections process while maintaining effective and cooperative relationships with internal/external clients.
Essential Job Functions
75% – Collects outstanding invoice payments on assigned accounts in accordance with acceptable commercial collections practices. Monitors financial exposure on “At Risk Accounts” and takes appropriate action to minimize risk. Prepares weekly status reports on delinquent accounts and ensures that discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
15% – Coordinates all special handling requests, including provision of scripts.
10% – Collaborates with personnel at assigned stations to perform other essential functions with the goal of maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external clients.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Completion of high school or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Experience: Three years experience in a fast-paced billing and cash applications function; preferably in the broadcast television industry.
Prior experience with Oracle financial systems and Hyperion l highly preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Proficiency in MS Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be adaptable and flexible with the ability to shift focus on new priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential customer and company information.
- Must have good analytical skills, a strong grasp of numbers and basic calculations.