JR08442 – Maintenance Engineer
WGCL-TV, a Meredith station is searching for a Broadcast Maintenance Engineer. In this role, the incumbent installs, repairs and maintains all mechanical and electronic equipment within the broadcast facility, as well as remote microwave sites, mobile production, and ENG/SNG vehicles. This position provides for installation and support of Broadcast IT systems, Newsroom Computer Systems, archive systems, video servers, control room switchers and audio boards, video routers, studio cameras, ENG cameras, microwave transmitters and receivers, intercom and IFB systems, graphics production equipment, and full power transmitters as well as other equipment generally associated with a broadcast television station. AVID iNews, Interplay and Nexus knowledge is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
35% Performs troubleshooting of hardware and software problems on all Broadcast equipment.
25% Provides prompt service in support of daily News Department operations and other station departments.
15% Performs preventative maintenance as appropriate on station equipment
10% Installs, updates, and documents needed equipment changes to support operational requirements of facility
5% Creates procedure and equipment flow documentation.
5% Cross-trains other member of the technical staff, and improves/updates technical job skills.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education Associate’s degree in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Experience Five years of experience maintaining technical equipment in a television broadcast or post-production facility preferred. Must possess mid-level experience and knowledge of computers, servers, data infrastructure including Ethernet and fiber in support of IP and communications protocols, and computer operating systems (Windows 10, Server 2012, 2016, etc).
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to install and configure computer hardware and software, and troubleshoot computer-related problems in support of Broadcast specific technology.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical personnel to resolve equipment issues.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Must possess a positive work attitude, a strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to prioritize and make changes to work plans without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to make well-informed decisions quickly while under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule in support of a 24x7x365 Broadcast operation.
% Travel Required (Approximate): <5%
Interested and qualified applicants should apply online at https://meredith.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/EXT/job/Georgia-Atlanta-WGCL/Maintenance-Engineer_JR08442 . Meredith Corporation, CBS46/WGCL – TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.