JR08167 – Master Control/Hub Operator
Meredith’s Atlanta Hub is looking for a Master Control Operator. The Master Control/Hub Operator monitors the on-air signal of multiple television stations and switches sources to air using Harris Automation as well as a manual master control switcher. Also Ingests programs, commercials and promos as needed.
Essential Job Functions
70% – Operates technical hardware and systems related to on-air operations. Monitors on-air signal of multiple television stations and switches sources to air using Harris Automation as well as a manual master control switcher. Records satellite feeds and ingests programs, promos, and commercials into play out servers.
Video editing as required.
15% – Documents on air operations through logs and reports including recording transmitter readings and writing discrepancy and shift reports.
10% – Communicates issues and problems to management and other personnel at local and remote facilities to ensure all material is ready for air.
5% – Participates in projects and special assignments as requested by management.
Minimum Qualifications: All must be met to be considered.
Education: College Degree or Technical Diploma preferred
Experience: At least 3 years of successful experience in a broadcast television station master control or operational/technical department is required.
Experience providing master control/operational support to multiple stations is highly preferred.
Experience with Harris Automation is highly preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work flexible, varying shift schedules as needed including early mornings, overnights, and weekends.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be adaptable and flexible with the ability to shift focus on new priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be team oriented and have had past successful experience working in a team environment.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and dependably complete work assignments.
- Must be technologically proficient.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply online at https://meredith.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/EXT/job/Georgia-Atlanta-WGCL/Master-Control-Hub-Operator_JR08167 . Meredith Corporation, CBS46/WGCL – TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.