JR05986 – Multimedia Journalist
WGCL-TV, a Meredith Station, has an opening for a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ). The MMJ gathers news for
broadcast, web and other platforms of the future. The incumbent shoots, writes and edits stories. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist:
- Appears on-air and coordinates live shots.
- Collaborates with assignment desk, producers and managers on story development.
- Writes daily content for the website or other digital/social media platform.
Essential Job Functions
20% – Coordinates story generation and source development.
20% – Shoots stories.
30% – Writes/edits.
30% – Appears live on-air.
10% Regional Travel/80% Local Field Work/Travel
Education: Completion of high school, or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Experience: One to two years of related news experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing, editing and shooting skills.
- Good news gathering skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong on-air presence.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and good driving record.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team. Interested applicants may apply at: https://meredith.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/EXT/job/Georgia-Atlanta-WGCL/Multimedia-Journalist_JR05986