JR05371 – Staff Accountant
The Staff accountant performs the day-to-day mid to entry-level accounting for Meredith broadcasting stations. This position also compiles information for monthly financial statements and related monthly and quarterly reports. This position may also perform payroll back up duties, log reconciliations, and cash entries.
- Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
75% Completes monthly closing process for station financial statement reporting; performs balance sheet account reconciliation, prepares and inputs journal entries and capital asset activation. Prepares station billing and/or payroll and other tasks as required. Ensure adherence to station and corporate policies and departmental deadlines.
15% Provides Senior Accountant with financial data for the monthly/quarterly financial reports and/or prepares monthly/quarterly financial reports. Assists Senior Accountant and Regional Business Director in the preparation of stations annual budget and strategic plan.
10% Participates in special projects as required.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Minimum of 1-2 years general accounting required.
General accounting experience at a broadcast television station preferred.
Past experience with Oracle, Hyperion and Wide Orbit preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must be adaptable and flexible with the ability to shift focus on new priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to focus on tasks and projects with limited supervision.
- Must be team oriented and have had past successful experience working in a team environment collaborating and providing support to peers and managers.
- Must have good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to handles confidential information and keep customer and company data confidential.
% Travel Required (Approximate): <5%