Digital Communications Specialist
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Digital Communications Specialist to lead SREB’s web, social and other digital communications in support of SREB’s objectives.
What does the SREB Digital Communications Specialist do?
- Proactively improves SREB’s website, email, social and other digital communications
- Coordinates training, collaboration and improvement among SREB web and social media contributors
- Plans, executes and evaluates digital campaigns and feedback strategies
- Leads development of new web content and functionality
- Researches and writes content to support communications priorities
- Manages production of photo, video, audio and information data graphics for the digital communications specialist’s portfolio of projects
- Edits and offers communications advice on external communications by other SREB staff and partners.
- Occasional travel may be required.
What does it take to be an SREB Digital Communications Specialist?
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, education policy or related field
- Five or more years of experience in communications, news writing, marketing or project managementand
- Proven ability to write fluently and edit effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of multiple projects
- Proven track record of taking initiative and solving problems
- Ability to incorporate basic principles of graphic design into communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with content management systems, email marketing platforms, social media and web analytics
For this opportunity, we seek candidates with:
- Enthusiasm for learning new information, skills and tools and applying them in teams
- A creative, positive approach to problem-solving
- A strategic approach to communications
- Experience with nonprofit or education organizations
- A grasp of big-picture issues as well as attention to detail
Our commitment to SREB team members includes these benefits:
- Flexible spending and health saving account options
- Short-term disability
- Generous time off and holidays
- Outstanding retirement plan