Advocacy & Policy Director — Georgia Shift
Georgia Shift is seeking a highly organized, strategic individual with a commitment to statewide advocacy and
accountability through youth participation to advance advocacy programs and campaigns on our priority issues.
Georgia Shift gives marginalized young people a seat at the table of democracy through hands-on education, electoral
action, and civic media programs. We envision a Georgia where marginalized young people are the fundamental driver
of political impact and public policy at every level of government in an unbridled democracy. Georgia Shift is a 501(c)3
nonprofit organization with an affiliated 501(c)4 organization, GS Action.
● Program planning & strategy (50%)
○ Work with Georgia Shift’s Executive Director and Organizing Director, as well as with other staff and
volunteers to drive economic justice and decriminalization campaign priorities and goals, and analyze
outcomes to help hone campaign strategy and program development
● Program management and execution (30%)
○ Manage the execution of all of Georgia Shift’s advocacy work, advancing an agenda for marginalized
young people through legislative advocacy, accountability campaigns, campus & off-campus work,
communications campaigns and more to raise the visibility of our priorities in electoral work
○ Manage and train part-time staff to creatively execute high-impact campus and off-campus campaigns,
elevate the leadership of young people of color, and tell their stories to elected officials. Bottom-line
and track progress towards advocacy and organizing goals, reporting to the Executive Director
● Collaboration and outreach (20%)
○ Work with partners at other progressive organizations, especially those doing economic justice and
decriminalization work, to identify areas of collaboration, provide ongoing support, and network to build
a stronger movement overall.
● At least 1 – 2 years of community organizing experience
● Experience in the Georgia state legislature
● Deep commitment to Georgia Shift’s mission and to advancing the organization’s goals
● A passion for and experience with engaging people face-to-face on campuses, in the community,
through tabling, meetings, and other grassroots tactics.
● A strong ability to maintain all relationships through clear, professional communications as well as 100%
follow-through and responsiveness.
● Reliable transportation and a driver’s license is required
● Willingness to travel within Georgia and work non-traditional hours and weekends
● Digital communications experience preferred but not required
This is a full-time, permanent position based out of the Atlanta area, ideally Gwinnett County, reporting to the
Executive Director. Georgia Shift provides medical and dental coverage with paid sick and vacation time, along with a
professional development budget. Salary range is low to mid 40s, commensurate with experience.
Please email your résumé, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Ian
Bridgeforth. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Priority deadline is Friday, July 20th, 2018 but this
position will be open until filled. No calls please.