The job description is here. http://bit.ly/2e1cWSk.
What part will you play?
Associate writers for the CNN Digital News will report, write, package and publish quick takes on daily news events for the largest news audience on the Internet. All associate writers are obsessed with accuracy. The CNN Digital News team is the 24/7 general news desk that produces internal urgents for other CNN teams and that publishes up-to-the-minute news updates for digital audiences on mobile and desktop web and on our CNN app. The team adheres to the highest standards of journalism. Associates on the team will collaborate with colleagues across CNN, including news gathering and social discovery, photography and field reporters, to report, fact check and prioritize news items.
What will you be doing?
- Research and write high-impact news stories.
- Generate story ideas.
- Conduct phone interviews.
- Gather facts and fact check.
- Contribute to special features and stories.
- Use a presence on social media to gather and check information.
- Interact with internal and external peers and managers to exchange information related to assigned activities.
- Receive work in the form of short-term assignments that require the application of independent judgement.
- Work subject to regular supervisory review at regular intervals.
- Operate within the context of defined procedures.
- Write with clarity, voice and context.
- Demonstrate a high pace of activity and deep curiosity about current events/
- Show a high level of flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
What do we need from you?
- 1 – 2 years of progressively related experience.
- Basic understanding of news.
- Basic understanding of storytelling.
- Excellent writer.
- College degree in journalism
But wait, there’s more!